Sunday, August 12, 2018

Post 8


In this post I talk about my subject that enjoyed in this semester, this is “Laboratorio de Química Orgánica I”. In class the teacher makes a short introduction, after each one beginning the practical part and finally, I do a report about this, that I give in the next week. The report is very important, because I can evaluate the results obtained and have qualification. Before each class, I study the activities, which are found in the "Guía de trabajos prácticos".
The main contents are synthesis of different compounds, such as acetylsalicylic acid, Isoborneol and others; and separation processes of compounds. The techniques most used are: vacuum filtration, distillation, drying and recrystallization. All activities are carried out whit great caution and I am always concentrated in my job, because we used fire, acid, and toxics reactive.
I enjoyed this subject because I can do different chemical reactions and learn new procedures experimentally, carrying out has been learned theoretically in other subjects. Besides, because many of these activities I could use them when I will be pharmaceutical chemical and in future subjects.

2 comments: